Conserving the Beauty of Willamette Valley Wine Country
Black Walnut Inn & Vineyard takes the health of the planet seriously. Environmental impacts play a large part in the business decisions we make each day. We strive to evolve as new opportunities arise. For now, you can enjoy the following earth friendly amenities:
- Inviting guests to Google up their favorite newspaper rather than to have a print copy available.
- Using bath amenities produced on the west coast of the USA and in containers that are bio-degradable in the landfill.
- Inviting guests to hang and reuse their bath linens for more than one day.
- For guests staying multiple nights we change bed linens every three days unless requested to do otherwise.
- Buying energy star appliances.
- Recycling glass, cardboard, plastic, and tin by driving to the local recycling center.
- Researching and purchasing local products for the preparation of our food.
- Providing aluminum water bottles for guest’s use during their stay and discontinuing the use of plastic water bottles.
- Installing single room heating and air conditioning units.
- Keeping chickens.
- Having a vegetable garden.
- Using fluorescent light bulbs.
- Training staff to turn off lights and turn down heating and air conditioning when rooms are empty.