Welcoming Guests to Black Walnut
Our rural setting and open spaces mean that our area has been fortunate to avoid the worst of the current health crisis. As part of our ongoing safety procedures, we have partnered with Enviral Tech to implement periodic surface testing scans to confirm our spaces are safe for our guests and our team. Our most recent testing in mid-July confirmed surfaces throughout the inn are free of the COVID-19 virus, consistent with our previous tests results. As another precaution we are also performing ongoing surveillance testing among our Inn staff. We’ve adjusted certain elements of your visit while ensuring you will continue to receive our customary warm, attentive service. Reach out to us by telephone or email and we will be happy to answer any questions about our current practices.
Our Commitment to our Guests
Employee and Guest Health
- All employees will follow CDC guidance for hand washing and hand sanitizing.
- Hand washing or sanitizing stations will be available in common areas.
- Our staff will pass a health check or complete a health survey prior to each shift.
Cleaning and Sanitizing
- We are using enhanced standards to clean and sanitize all guest rooms and communal spaces.
- Our cleaning products and procedures meet Oregon Health Authority sanitization and disinfection standards.
- Your guest room will be left vacant for a minimum of 24 hours before your arrival, when possible.
- We will perform guest services via no-contact or appropriately distanced delivery methods.
- Our staff will not enter your guest room throughout the duration of your stay, unless agreed for a specific need.
- While required by health authorities, our employees will wear face coverings which are washed and sanitized frequently.
- Seating options in communal areas will provide appropriate distancing options.
We ask these commitments from our guests:
- If you have recently been exposed to COVID-19 or have symptoms of COVID-19 (including a fever, cough or shortness of breath), please help us keep everyone safe by rescheduling your visit.
- Please wash hands frequently and follow physical distancing guidelines.
Guidance in response to COVID-19 is evolving as we learn more about the virus and ways to keep our guests and team safe. We will update our standards and policies as necessary as we receive new guidance from the CDC, Oregon Health Authority, American Hotel & Lodging Association, and local and state government requirements.
We endorse industry best practices